Saturday, September 13, 2008

Once Again I Was Right, And I Get No Love For It

Alexander DiPippo at American Thinker confirms what I said yesterday.

*****Update*****

if you go to Di Pippo's post above you'll see in the trailing comments there is a lot of back and forth over who first used the term "Bush Doctrine". Many rightly point to the summer of 2001 as the first instance of the term appearing in the public debate in an article by Charles Krauthammer. However, its more meaningful, in my estimation, to use the official meaning given by the Bush administration (IE, Karen Hughes and Ari Fleischer) immediately following the 9/11 attacks. Krauthammer is a great thinker, I love the guy for the most part, but to say that his obscure mention of it carries more weight in defining it than the words of the Administration itself; to me, that's a bit of a stretch. What if Krauthammer wasn't respected a journalist/writer, but some Left wing kook living in his mother's basement and had coined the term..... should it then carry more weight than what the Bush Administration actually ACTS on? I just don't think so.

The other thing that I find interesting is how many times some combination of the phrases "It is my understanding..." or "As I understand it...." or "I always thought until now it was...." are being thrown around in this debate.... even Gibson himself in the interview. So to think that some educated, knowledgeable reporter "schooled" Palin on the subject is still, to me, laughable.