Friday, August 7, 2015

My Quick Take on Donald Trump

I'm going to shoot from the hip here and maybe add links later, but I'll give you my take on Donald Trump in the wake of what I thought was a ridiculous performance in the first Republican Debate last night.

If you take him seriously, well.... I'm going to be polite and just chuckle.

Preamble: I have nothing at all personal against the man.  I am not going to slander him (at least that is not my intention).  The one tip of the cap to him - and he deserves a lot of credit for this - he has built and maintained wealth, a LOT of it.  Props to him for that.

His candidacy?  Its a joke.  And if he makes good on his implied threat of a third party run, the Democrats may be laughing last.

My theory?  He's doing this for attention.  He's bored, he likes the media attention, he knows he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting the nomination, so that frees him up to say whatever gets the cameras and microphones running his way.  Right now he's smart enough to see that flyover country is tired of the horrors Obama's worldview has brought on America and he's going to take a polar opposite and borderline crude stab to the right of every issue.

Last night he looked ridiculous with that scowl on his face.  It was almost as if he was doing some kind of SNL routine up there.

I'm not given to conspiracy theories.  But if I were, I'd be a guy lke Trump with long ties to the Clinton's is setting himself up to be the Perot of 2016.  You're welcome, Hillary.