posted in its entirety - bold emphasis mine.
After he was defeated for re-election in 1989, New York Mayor Ed Koch
was asked if he would ever run for office again. “No,” Koch replied.
“The people have spoken … and they must be punished.”
Well, it’s November 2012, and the people have spoken. Here’s how they will be punished.
Exit polls show that by a margin of 52-43, Americans want less
government, not more. By a margin of 63-33 they do not want to raise
taxes to balance the budget. And by a margin of 49-45, they want
Obamacare either partially or entirely repealed. None of those wishes
will be honored. Instead:
1. Obamacare will now become a permanent feature of the American political landscape. It will never be repealed.
2. The unprecedented levels of spending in Obama’s first four
years will become the new floor, as America sets new records for fiscal
profligacy and debt.
3. Job creators will face massive tax increases, and more
Americans will come off the tax rolls—resulting in fewer citizens with a
stake in keeping taxes low and more with a stake in protecting
4. Government dependency, already at record levels, will continue to grow.
5. Four lost years in dealing with the entitlement crisis will
become eight—digging us into a hole from which we may not be able to
6. Obama, unworried about the impact of gas and electricity prices
on his reelection, will finally wage the regulatory war on fossil fuels
the Left demands.
7. He will unleash the Environmental Protection Agency to impose crushing new burdens on U.S. business.
8. His administration’s assault on religious freedom will go on and expand to new areas.
9. The Defense Department will be gutted, with cuts so deep that America will no longer be a superpower.
10. Obama will almost certainly have the opportunity to appoint
more liberal Supreme Court justices, possibly replacing conservatives on
the high court — ending the Roberts court in all but name for a
And that’s only the beginning. Welcome to Obama’s second term.