Thursday, June 30, 2011

Once Again, My Jaw Is On The Floor.....


Bold emphasis mine from his recent deficit speech:

"The tax cuts I’m proposing we get rid of are tax breaks for millionaires and billionaires; tax breaks for oil companies and hedge fund managers and corporate jet owners."

In other words, I'm going to spur economic growth by targeting the tax breaks enjoyed by those who have the capital to invest and spur said economic growth. Its like saying I'm going to grow an inch on my height by lopping off my feet.

This guy is an utter class warfare clown. The shot at "corporate jet owners" is utter, ignorant, class envy buffoonery. Unreal.

And while I'm at it, here's another thing that is very visible in his comments throughout this speech: the classic static analysis about tax policy. If we just raise these rates/repeal the tax breaks on the evil "millionaires and billionaires", they'll just grab their ankles and pay the tax. Wrong, of course, they'll just find new ways to shelter the money they have and you'll end up getting the same amount of revenue or less.

Trolls: are you tired of me saying this? Then you clearly know how tired I am of hearing your side make the incessant claim that "the rich don't pay their fair share" and how "tax breaks for oil companies and millionaires and billionaires and corporate jet owners" are the cause of our deficits....