Wilson, you and your wife are lying, Democrat hacks. And you sit back as a good man's political career is ruined by your lies and have the audacity to act like YOU'VE been hosed.
- Plame wasn't covert. Had she been, Patrick Fitzgerald would have charged CIA leaker Richard Armitage with giving her name to a reporter.
- Joe Wilson has lied several times about his Niger trip
- Patrick Fitzgerald never charged anyone with a crime. The minute Fitzgerald knew who the real leaker was, he should have either charged Armitage or closed the case. This became a partisan witchhunt.
- The recollection of several reporters involved in the case was as faulty as Libby's
- The devil's preparing a special place in Hell for slippery hacks like Wilson.
***** Addendum 7/4
Ben Johnson of Front Page Magazine has this from summer of 2005.
Some other points:
*Wilson had Plame's identity listed in his "Who's Who Of America" entry.
*Victoria Toensing, the author of the 1982 Intelligence Identities Protection Act, makes the case routinely that Plame wasn't covert.
*How covert could Plame have been driving to Langley everyday?
*Given all of this, can you taste the bile coming up when you hear Wilson talk about "Valerie sleeping well" after Libby's conviction for having a bad memory?
IBD puts Bush's commutation of the sentence in very good perspective here.