Sunday, June 24, 2007

About The New Banner

Although Blogger is fairly easy to use, one of the biggest gripes I have with the software is that the Headers are so cheap looking. So, I decided to use a header of my own, cropped courtesy of Paint.net. Most of the hideous looking crop jobs (pictures) that I post on these pages are courtesy of Paint.net. Its very tricky to crop a head just the right way and place it on the body of another picture using a lop top mouse. Occasionally I'll pull it off.

So, for now this is the best that I can do. Eventually I will break down and use a professional website software for JG&AH. In the meantime, as long as my wife is spending our money on plants for the backyard I have to use the free service.

One last thing - Sic Semper Tyrannis is the state motto of Virginia (and the motto for the USS Virginia as well). Its most commonly (and erroneously) known to translate from Latin to say "Death to Tyrants". Actually, its literally translated "Thus always to tyrants." The phrase is said to be the words of Marcus Brutus at the death of Julius Cesar. So, though it doesn't literally mean Death to Tyrants, its intention is Death to Tyrants.

JG&AH says, "Sic Semper Tyrannis". To quote Lincoln "Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves and under a just God cannot long maintain it."

So be it.