Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Its Not The Government's Job To Give Your Life Meaning

I don't have a whole lot of time here, so I'm going to be brief and revisit this is greater detail later.

Again, I have to tip the hat to Rush Limbaugh. Caught a bit of his show today when I could, and caught the painfully idiotic comments of 22 year-old Jenny Ballentine of New Hampshire. Jenny was asking a question of John Edwards in a town hall meeting. You can read Limbaugh's synopsis here.

Let me just say this: he was a hell of a lot easier on her with his comments than I would have been.


She's going to be on his show tomorrow at the bottom of the first hour. The jury is still out until then.

Knowing how Limbaugh operates (all in all, compared to people like Mark Levin, Rush is very patient with his callers), he'll give her a "rah rah" speech about the opportunity she has in this country, etc. And I applaud him for that.

But the reality is, its aggravating that we have become a society that is so affluent that people like Ballantine can think that a politician can, upon receipt of her vote, cure racism, hate, yada, yada yada....... its annoying. Power whores like Edwards thrive on the idiocy of pampered voters in this country like Ballentine. Here we live in the freest, most opportune society in the world, the envy of the globe, and this young, naive girl has the gall to want to know what a presidential candidate is going to "do for her" because its "all about her." I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when I heard her question of Edwards.

However, what annoyed me most of all was Elizabeth Edwards stepping in and asking the audience at the Town Hall meeting to APPLAUDE Ballentine for her question. Made her out to be a hero. Unreal. Typical Democrat, playing on the emotion of a pampered lot of people who have known nothing but freedom, prosperity, fast food and cable TV all their lives and think that they have the most difficult existence of any one on the planet. And who is going to swoop in and save the day? An American Politician! Edwards! Yes, Yes indeed hallelujah! YES.

Lets see what Limbaugh does tomorrow. I'll finish my incredulity then......